Kate Winslet Venice


    Kate Winslet supported fellow brit Victoria Beckham as she walked the red carpet at the Venice Film Festival's Carnage premiere on Friday. The Oscar-winning actress donned a design from the former Spice Girl's fall 2011 collection. They neutral dress fit to perfection and featured a flared collar.Kate had a little fun with her hair, putting it up in a ponytail with a little volume up top, and accessorized with sparkling Jimmy Choo 'Viola' sandals. Which of Kate Winslet's Venice Film Festival looks do you prefer: The Victoria Beckham or Stella McCartney design? Two more photos inside.

    A well toned body, and the dress that made her curves look even more pronounced, Kate Winslet sure created a different trend on the red carpet at the Venice Film Festival 2011 while attending the premiere of "Mildred Pierce".

    The simple shift dress, boasted cream, nude and black paneling that hugged Kate's curves to perfection, is a Stella McCartney designer, reported by the Daily Mail.

    Kate kept her jewellery at the minimum with a pair of pearl earrings and a pearl embellished bracelet cuff.


    Source: View clear pictures of Kate Winslet Pearl Earrings and Bracelet Cuff here.

















    I decided to cut down on the red carpet watch, simply because I do not want to be perceived as a celebrity-style spotter. Gossip magazines and newspapers are in a better position to take on such tasks. Although Fashion and Celebrity Status go hand in hand, I can effectively say that someone who’s profoundly interested in Fashion conceives the core of “la mode” as something totally different, at least something that does not necessarily have to do with the glitter and glamour of the entertainment industry… Anyhow I will keep on covering some annual events or some striking people on random occasions that just got me thinking, (Oscars, The Met Gala (which is Fashion event any way, so no problem there), and Cannes) but either way it’ll have to be in a more selective manner and not as extensive as before.

    Don’t get me wrong, I don’t think there’s something wrong with celebs wearing Labels, because they make it accessible to the public (how else would we be able to see these garments worn of the runway), and they obviously help the fashion industry to be a booming industry… Neither is there anything wrong with magazines focussing on celebs wearing labels because everybody’s interested in following people they find enticing.

    The actual Kate Winslet part:

    What I was supposed to say though, is that this moment is one of these I’ll call “a striking person that got me thinking” moment. That’s what I wanted to talk about. We have already seen Keira Knightley (Who almost always does interesting (read almost perfect) garment choices, Mary Katrantzou and Valentino), Gwyneth Paltrow (Who almost always looks naturally radiant) and Diane Kruger (Who looked very Aphrodite-like at the Film Festival) on the Venice Film Festival carpets, but the person that struck me the most was Kate Winslet. Not necessarily because off what she was wearing (Victoria Beckham and Stella McCartney, either way the opinions were divers, ranging from “NO!” to “I adore it!”) but mostly because off how she has changed throughout the years. I mean, we all still remember how she looked during the whole Titanic episode, which, and I mean this so nicely, wasn’t her best.




    I might me biased now, because I very much like Miss Winslet as an actress, but I really feel she looks naturally beautiful and fresh. Off course her hair is often pulled rather tight as to give her a sort of natural facelift, but there’s nothing wrong with that. What I especially like about her is that she outshines many in “being at ease and comfortable”. People working in the film industry are normally more naturally glowing on the red carpet because they take themselves far less serious than people working in the music industry (I guess), who are (at least to me) often perceived as trying so very hard. You can not look stunning if you are trying to hard to be (popular, trendy, stylish, in the moment or whatever) something you are not, something that is not you. But I’m getting off key here, the point was telling you that I thought Kate Winslet looked gorgeous without speaking out on behalf off the clothing, just talking face (I think she has a very strong/mysterious gaze, probably accentuated by her eyebrows), hair, complexion, make up…








    What about her clothing at The Venice Film Festival… As I already said, it’s all very personal. Indeed one can say that the Victoria Beckham dress wasn’t perfect for evening wear when we consider colour and overall design, but frankly it didn’t really bother me. I believe the silhouette was very flattering, and if it should have even been a wrong choice, I was distracted by her beautiful face. The Stella McCartney outfit might have been dangerous, because when talking the upper body part, she had a hint of a female bodybuilder. Only because it’s too bodylicious and one might think her hills are going to burst out. Either way, she's clearly very confident about her body and everybody finds a confident person attractive. So again, to me, no problem.

    A mix between confidence, comfort, couture and mostly being effortlessly stunning by nature makes Kate Winslet a sight for sour eyes. If any of you might have doubts, the proof is in the eating of the pudding, she still is the face of Lancôme, and if it’s good enough for Lancôme, it’s good enough for us.

    Some random pictures of Kate Winslet at events during this last year:





    Source URL: http://magazinebuzz.blogspot.com/2011/09/kate-winslet-venice.html
    Visit Magazine Buzz for Daily Updated Hairstyles Collection